Your Gift of Time is a Valuable Asset
One of the unique aspects of the independent school experience is that the involvement of alumni, parents, grandparents and others is welcomed and encouraged. The Alumni & Development Office plays a significant role in sponsoring and supporting volunteer activities.
Chase constituents celebrate our vibrant community by volunteering professional, fundraising, arts, planning and clerical skills. Families can fundraise and community build to support the Annual Fund or they can join us as guest writers for Magpie. Volunteers serve as Board and Committee members and become guest speakers for events like Career Day or the Visiting Artist Program. They may also judge our 7th and 8th grade Declamations competition. A favorite way for alumni to volunteer is to become Pen Pals to our fourth and fifth grade students.
There are many ways to share your fundraising; professional or office skills as a volunteer with the Alumni & Development Office. Our hope is each of you find a way to participate in the life of the School and discover how your involvement enhances our very special community.
The Office of Alumni & Development is currently seeking to fill the following key volunteer positions as quickly as possible.
These opportunities include:
·Assisting with a reorganization and expansion of the School’s archives.
·Organizing the Jeffrey C. Singleton ’82 & Alumni Scholarship Tag Sale.
·Staffing the Dugout (the School store) for a morning or afternoon or helping staff a "mini" Dugout at sports events.
·Serving as a Parent Class Agent, helping to ask others to contribute to the Annual Fund.
- Parent Division Agent - Serve as a liaison with other parents in your child's Division and ask them to make an annual gift that will directly benefit students at Chase Collegiate School.
- Reunion Giving Chair - Spur your classmates to reach a Reunion Class Gift goal in honor of your Reunion year.
- Grants editor/Researcher - Research grant opportunities and edit grant proposals before submittal.
- Alumni Artists - Exhibit your artwork at events or help support the Visiting Artists Program.
- Alumni Board - Serve on the governing committee for the Alumni Association.
- Alumni Gathering Host - With the help of the Alumni Office, plan and host a gathering of alumni at your home or place of business.
- Photographers - Photograph people and events throughout the year.
- Special Events - Organize special events, including Grandparents and Special Friends Day, the Annual Leadership Reception and Alumni Days and Reunions.
- Writers - Interview and write articles and stories for Chase publications including Magpie, Cornerstone Campaign News, and the Alumni and Development website.
- Declamations Judges - Join a small panel of judges at one of the 7th or 8th grade public speaking contests.
- Pen Pals - Correspond monthly with one of our fourth and fifth grade students via letters and/or email.
- Reunion Chairs - Bring your classmates together for Alumni Day & Reunions.
- Speakers - Share your life experience or area of expertise with our students at various opportunities such as Career Day.
- Assist the Office staff with filing, organizing archives, preparing mailings and other clerical duties as needed.
To volunteer or get more information, contact Krista Coletti, Director of Advancement, at 203-236-9552, Mo Carleton at 203-236-9556, or Mat Calabro '04, Director of Alumni Relations, at 203-236-9557.