Welcome to a community where Chase kids help design and drive the opportunities that empower them to succeed and creatively adapt in an ever changing world.
Experience the process of Design Driven Curriculum during a Fall Open House
- Sunday, October 22, 2017: Upper School
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 PreK - Grade 12
- 1-3 pm
We inspire tomorrow’s leaders...
Students leave the Middle School with a confidence that is born from a dedicated focus on building leadership capacity. Student-led opportunities and initiatives are a central tenant to our program and culture.
These leadership opportunities include:
- Students lead the twice-annual Student – Advisor – Parent conferences in the Fall and Winter.
- An active and involved Student Council that meets weekly to develop meaningful community service and community spirit initiatives.
- A student-led Middle School Meeting for the entire community every other day.
- Community Talks in which students present a significant moment/event/facet of their life during as well as hearing other present about life experiences. Past presenters have included and NBA Hall of Face basketball players and a NY Times best-selling author.
- Leading of clubs with other students and a faculty sponsor – previous clubs have included: stock market club, debate club, ultimate Frisbee club, rocket club, etc.
- Students are mentors for those in the PK4, 1st, and 2nd grades during “buddy activities” throughout the course of the year.
- On the athletic field, students serve as team captains, but many also demonstrate leadership through play and sportsmanship.
- Students attend the annual CAIS Student Diversity and Leadership Conference - This is an exciting opportunity for 7th and 8th graders to accompany teachers for a profound conference that brings together faculty and students (grades 7 – 12) from around Connecticut for a dynamic day of presentations, conversations, and activities.