The Founders' Scholarship Program
The Founders' Scholarship is awarded to the most qualified students entering ninth grade, who have been selected through a competitive process. The program grooms young leaders in scholarship and community service. The scholarship is a merit-based award equal to 50% of 9th grade entering tuition and is renewable for all four years of Upper School.
The number of scholarships awarded in a given year is limited and depends on the strength of the applicant pool. All incoming ninth graders are eligible to apply. January 15th is the Priority Application Deadline for admission and for the Founders’ Scholarship application, including Founders’ essay. On or before this date, submit all parts of the Chase application for admission and participate in the classroom visit and admissions interview. Finalists are selected to participate in our Founders' Day on Saturday, February 7, 2015 which includes an interview, team-building exercises and seminar discussion. Recipients of the Founders' Scholarship will be announced on February 13, 2015.
Founders' application process:
** For current Chase students, no application for the Upper School is required. The application for admission on file will be used. However, English
Teacher Recommendation forms must be submitted.
A Founders' Scholar:
- Takes the most rigorous academic program available in the Upper School
- Participates actively in the life of the School beyond the classroom
The selection criteria are:
- Excellence and distinction in academic ability and achievement
- Active participation in programs outside the classroom
- Leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
The benefits of the program are:
- Scholarship award of 50% of tuition annually
- Leadership training
- Opportunities for mentoring from recognized leaders in the community
- Interest-based off-campus enrichment events led by the faculty