We inspire tomorrow’s leaders...
Students leave the Middle School with a confidence that is born from a dedicated focus on building leadership capacity. Student-led opportunities and initiatives are a central tenant to our program and culture.
These leadership opportunities include:
- Students lead the twice-annual Student – Advisor – Parent conferences in the Fall and Winter.
- An active and involved Student Council that meets weekly to develop meaningful community service and community spirit initiatives.
- A student-led Middle School Meeting for the entire community every other day.
- Community Talks in which students present a significant moment/event/facet of their life during as well as hearing other present about life experiences. Past presenters have included and NBA Hall of Fame basketball players and a NY Times best-selling author.
- Leading of clubs with other students and a faculty sponsor – previous clubs have included: stock market club, debate club, ultimate Frisbee club, rocket club, etc.
- On the athletic field, students serve as team captains, but many also demonstrate leadership through play and sportsmanship.
- Students attend the annual CAIS Student Diversity and Leadership Conference - This is an exciting opportunity for 7th and 8th graders to accompany teachers for a profound conference that brings together faculty and students (grades 7 – 12) from around Connecticut for a dynamic day of presentations, conversations, and activities.